Sunday, April 09, 2006

Not long to go now...

Well its Sunday and this time next week I should have settled into the life as a 'traveler' and be enjoying the many delights of Bangkok! After a couple of weeks trying to sort everything out including the finance (Thanks loads to the very very nice people who've helped me out on that front) and all that, it really is just round the corner. Its been an idea for a while but those that know me know that my track record in converting ideas to reality is shall I say 'suspect', so I've perhaps surprised myself that I'm actually doing it.

Were going on Wednesday 12th to Bangkok (via Frankfurt) arriving Thursday lunchtime. We've got to be down in Phuket a day or two before the 24th which is when the TEFL course starts, so we've got just over a week in Bangkok. The course lasts 4 weeks, I've been told by a couple of mates that's its quite intensive so I imagine well have to be fairly disciplined during that time. Nothing is set in stone but the plan is to go to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos for a month or so after the course, in what order and where is all to be decided on some beautiful sunny beach somewhere! I have to come back in July cause my graduate loan repayments dictates that I cant stay away for too long and my role as 'Jeeves' (be it in Paris, New York or London) for my Auntie Claire and Uncle Nik will allow me to pay back the money I've borrowed for this trip.

Yeovils 3-0 win yesterday means they've put themselves in a decent posistion to avoid relegation, so I can rest slightly easier now that I'm not deserting a sinking ship! Still a few games to go but hopefully the confidence from yesterdays game should carry us on and just keep our necks above the water. So football should hopefully take a back seat, and I wont have to be sat in Internet Cafe in a boiling Phuket trying to find out the Yeovil-Colchester score on the last day of the season. I'll also be bloody grateful to be away from all the hype and nonsense that surrounds England and the World Cup in June. Watching the game in some little bar on a grainy TV screen minus the 'little Ingerlanders' and all the stupid car flags suits me just fine. With most of the games starting post midnight local time I imagine there will be a few late ones!

Apart from the usual; friends and family, the only things I'll really miss is probably The Apprentice and all my trainers. I am only planning on taking 2 pairs, but when you've got 15 pairs and am as indecisive as me what do you chose? At least I've got a couple more days to decide...

No comments: